- Just Released
- Sale Bestsellers
- Gifts for Him
- Gifts for Her
- Summer Fiction
- Graduation Day
- Christian Book Award Winners
- Bible Study Resources
- Wedding & Marriage
- Dove Awards Winners
- Keep Kids Safe Online
Vacation Bible School 2018
We understand Vacation Bible School is a major event in your church and that it is one of the greatest opportunities for outreach for all people, especially children and preschools. Even in our high tech environment, VBS continues to be one of the most fruitful special events in terms of both finding prospects and leading them to the Lord. We are here to help as you plan VBS 2018 in your church!
Does the responsibility for organizing your church's summer Vacation Bible School program fall on your shoulders? If this is your first year of and you have no idea where to begin, or maybe you have lots of experience and look forward to checking out the new 2018 VBS programs – we've got what you're looking for with information and samples for each 2018 VBS Program, along with an online Easy Order Form of all products for each 2018 VBS Program and a general planning overview.
Compare the various programs by looking at samples, videos and other information in our 2018 VBS Program Overview here. Program Overview
Use the "Easy Order Form" links above to access our VBS Program product lists for Easy Ordering. Access our general overview we put together to help you create an outline for your planning schedule this year. General Planning Overview
The Bible school publishers have released their new VBS curriculum and we'd like to help you choose the best VBS for your needs. Beyond all the information offered here on our website, we would be glad to assist you personally with any additional questions you may have. Call or visit us in store today!
We offer all the new 2018 VBS programs from...
- Bible Point: When you're lonely...Jesus rescues!
- Bible Story: Jesus tells parables about lost things. (Luke 15)
- Key Verse: "The Lord will hold me close." (Psalm 27:10)
- Bible Point: When you worry...Jesus rescues!
- Bible Story: Martha worries and complains. (Luke 10:38-42)
- Key Verse: "The Lord comes to the rescue each time." (Psalm 34:19)
- Bible Point: When you struggle...Jesus rescues!
- Bible Story: Jesus' friends try to rescue him in the garden of Gethsemane (Luke 22:39-54; Matthew 26:36-56)
- Key Verse: "Be still, and know that I am God!" (Psalm 46:10)
- Bible Point: When you do wrong...Jesus rescues!
- Bible Story: Jesus welcomes a criminal before dying and coming back to life. (Luke 23:26–24:12)
- Key Verse: "Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)
- Bible Point: When you're powerless...Jesus rescues!
- Bible Story: Peter and John heal a lame man in Jesus' name. (Acts 3:1-26)
- Key Verse: "This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead." (Ephesians 1:19-20)
Shipwrecked Ultimate Director Go-To Guide®
The ultimate step-by-step resource for planning, recruiting, promoting, training and...well, everything a successful director needs.
The easy-to-use, field-tested guides make it a snap for your station leaders to lead kids through the best VBS experience ever!
Imagination Station Sampler
With this complete collection of Imagination Station activities you'll see how each daily Bible point is reinforced through fun, memorable, totally kid-friendly discoveries.
Student Materials Sampler
This sampler lets you preview the awesome Bible-teaching resources designed exclusively for today's kids.
Your kit includes the Leader Version of the Shipwrecked music, featuring the full music CD, instrumental-only tracks, and song lyrics slide show.
An awesome collection of graphic resources, guides, schedules, bulletin inserts and more!
Your starter kit includes the Decorating Places DVD, Ultimate Director Go-To Recruiting and Training DVD, KidVid Cinema DVD, and the Sing & Play music DVD.
Missions and More
Your ultimate starter kit also includes a missions project sampler plus information on lots of other one-of-a-kind VBS resources.
Packed with tons of resources to help you make Shipwrecked an easy-to-plan and unforgettable VBS event.
- Bible Story: Enemies capture Daniel and his friends and take them to Babylon. (Daniel 1)
- Bible Point: When things change, God is with you.
- Key Verse: "For God has said, 'I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.'" (Hebrews 13:5)
- Bible Story: Daniel interprets Nebuchadnezzar's dream. (Daniel 2)
- Bible Point: When you need help, God is with you.
- Key Verse: "God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble." (Psalm 46:1)
- Bible Story: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego survive a fiery furnace. (Daniel 3)
- Bible Point: When you're afraid, God is with you.
- Key Verse: "Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God." (Isaiah 41:10)
- Bible Story: Daniel prays, even though it means he might get into trouble. (Daniel 6:1-16)
- Bible Point: When you're lonely, God is with you.
- Key Verse: "I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)
- Bible Story: God saves Daniel from the lions. (Daniel 6:16-28)
- Bible Point: When you're thankful, God is with you.
- Key Verse: "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever." (1 Chronicles 16:34)
Babylon Ultimate Director Go-To Guide®
The ultimate step-by-step resource for planning, recruiting, promoting, training and everything a successful director needs.
Completely field-tested and easy-to-use, these station leader guides empower your volunteers to easily deliver the best VBS experience ever!
With this crafty collection of fun projects, kids step back and time to discover what life was like in a Babylonian bazaar.
Tribe Time Teaching Kit Sampler
Tribe Time is a key part of Babylon, filled with eye-catching, jaw-dropping, big-on-Bible object lessons for small groups.
Student Resources Sampler
This sampler gives you a sneak peek at the Banduras, Bible Memory Makers, name badges, and other resources for your Babylon adventure.
Your kit includes the Leader Version of all 10 high-energy Babylon songs, including the instrumental-only tracks and song lyrics slide show.
An awesome collection of graphic resources, bulletin inserts and more!
Your starter kit comes with the Decorating Places DVD, Ultimate Director Go-To Recruiting and Training DVD, and the complete music video DVD.
Missions and More
Your ultimate starter kit also includes a missions project sampler plus information on lots of other awesome VBS resources.
Packed with tons of resources to help you make Babylon an easy-to-plan, Bible-rich, unforgettable VBS event.
Polar Blast Weekend
Group's Weekend VBS is just two 2 ½ hour sessions plus a 20 minute celebration on Sunday, so it's easy for your volunteers and your families. It's perfect for churches that are small, haven't done VBS, are considering skipping VBS...or even those that just can't get enough VBS!
Theme: Polar Blast: Where Jesus' Love Is Cool
Theme Verse: "I trust in your unfailing love." (Psalm 13:5)
Bible Point: Jesus will always love you.
Session 1 Bible Story: Jesus welcomes the children. (Luke 18:15-17)
Session 2 Bible Story: Jesus welcomes a criminal before dying and coming back to life. (Luke 23:26-24:12)
Buddy: Pip the penguin
Each day includes:
- Music & More: Start the day together, singing a fun mix of classic worship songs and brand-new praise songs.
- Cool Bible Adventures: Kids experience the Bible in active, hands-on ways, and then circle up with crews for thought-provoking discussions.
- Projects-With-A-Purpose: Kids share Jesus' love by making special gifts for others in their church, community, and the world.
- Frozen Fun & Games: Kids run, jump, and even splash through games that connect with the daily Bible verse.
- Closing Snow Show: Dramatic and crowd-involving activities help everyone remember and apply each day's Bible Point and Bible verse.
- Sunday Celebration: This 20-minute Sunday Celebration gets the whole congregation involved.
Rolling River Rampage
Main Theme: Experience the Ride of a Lifetime with God!
Theme Bible Verse: "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you." — Isaiah 43:2, CEB
- Bible Story: Jesus Calls the Disciples (Matthew 4:18-25)
- Rapid Reminder: Find Adventure on the River!
- Bible Story: Jesus Accepts Mary and Martha (Luke 10:38-42)
- Rapid Reminder: Find Acceptance on the River!
- Bible Story: Jesus Walks with Zacchaeus (Luke 19:1-10)
- Rapid Reminder: Find Joy on the River!
- Bible Story: Jesus Shares a Special Meal (Luke 22:14-20)
- Rapid Reminder: Find Rest on the River!
- Bible Story: Jesus Makes a Promise (Matthew 28:16-20)
- Rapid Reminder: Find Peace on the River!
Stations include: Science, Snack, Craft, Recreation, Music and Mission.
Main Theme: Discover Your Strength in God!
Theme Bible Verse: "Do good! Seek peace and go after it!" — Psalm 34:14b, CEB.
- Bible Story: Samuel Anoints David (1 Samuel 16:1-12)
- Hero Code: God's heroes have heart.
- Bible Story: Abigail Saves the Day (1 Samuel 25)
- Hero Code: God's heroes have courage.
- Bible Story: Jesus Goes to the Temple (Luke 2:41-52)
- Hero Code: God's heroes have wisdom.
- Bible Story: Beatitudes (Matthew 4:23 – 5:12)
- Hero Code: God's heroes have hope.
- Bible Story: Pentecost (Acts 2:1-41)
- Hero Code: God's heroes have power.
Stations include: Science, Snack, Craft, Recreation, Music and Mission.
24/7 Jesus Makes A Way Every Day
Theme Bible Verse: "I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." — John 10:10b, NRSV.
- Bible Lesson: Building a Home! — Jesus compares building a house on sand and on rock. (Matthew 7:24-29)
- Memory Verse: "Happy rather are those who hear God's word and put it into practice." (Luke 11:28)
- Every Day Say: Jesus is a rock in a weary land, a shelter in a time of storm.
- Bible Lesson: Gimme Some Bread! — Jesus teaches that holy things (bread, days) are for the good of people. (Mark 2:23-28)
- Memory Verse: "He also gave bread to those who were with him." (Mark 2:26b)
- Every Day Say: No matter when, no matter where, always share!
- Bible Lesson: Come Again?! — Jesus tells a story about a woman who gets justice from an unjust judge. (Luke 18:1-8a)
- Memory Verse: "The Lord works righteousness; does justice for all who are oppressed." (Psalm 103:6)
- Every Day Say: Never give up!
- Bible Lesson: Dressed by God! — Jesus describes how God cares for birds and flowers. (Luke 12:22-31; Philippians 4:5-7)
- Memory Verse: "Don't be anxious about anything; rather bring up all of your requests to God in your prayers and petitions, along with giving thanks." (Philipiians 4:6)
- Every Day Say: Stay in prayer because God really cares!
- Bible Lesson: How Many Times? — Jesus teaches his disciples about God's forgiveness. (Matthew 18:21-35)
- Memory Verse: "Forgive us for the ways we have wronged you, just as we also forgive those who have wronged us." (Matthew 6:12)
- Every Day Say: Forgiveness is a sign of love!
Main Theme: God's Promise on Life's Wild Ride
Theme Bible Verse: "For all the promises of God find their Yes in Him" — 2 Corinthians 1:20.
- Bible Story: God Is with Baby Moses in the River (Exodus 2:1-10)
- Take-Home Point: God is with us!
- Bible Story: God's People Enter the Promised Land (Joshua 3 – 4)
- Take-Home Point: God gives us life!
- Bible Story: God Heals Naaman in the Jordan River (2 Kings 5:1-14)
- Take-Home Point: God is faithful!
- Bible Story: God Saves Paul from the Sea (Acts 27:13-44)
- Take-Home Point: God gives hope!
- Bible Story: Jesus Is Baptized (Matthew 3:13-17)
- Take-Home Point: Jesus is our Savior!
If this is your first year coordinating your Vacation Bible School Program, CONGRATULATIONS! You've got many of tasks ahead of you but the reward at the end will be more than worth it.
We have put together a general overview to help you create an outline for your planning schedule this year. Remember that you were specially chosen to play this role and we know you can do it!
VBS Planning Outline & Timeline
6-9 Months before your VBS is the time to start putting Vacation Bible School on your radar. You will want to establish the foundations of your program. Also consider including Preschoolers (2-5 year olds) in your VBS. You may want to run a separate preschool program for your little ones (same hours). The preschoolers can join the other children for your opening and then the younger children can have their own learning centers, games and age-appropriate crafts for the rest of the morning.
- Begin praying for your VBS program. You may want to organize a prayer team.
- Choose your dates and time for you VBS. Put them on the church calendar early.
- Choose a VBS Director.
- Choose a VBS Theme and Purchase your VBS Starter kit so you can begin planning.
Several Months (3-6) before your VBS get your VBS leadership team together to estimate your attendance and set dates for the program. Go ahead and publicize the dates to your congregation and to our bookstore so you can get plenty of volunteers and find out how to get the word out in the community. At this point start looking at what materials you will need for your VBS program and order your VBS materials before they are sold out, they do go quickly. Having your team brainstorm together now helps you understand which things that will need longer preparation time, put together and distribute teacher materials and begin compiling registration lists.
- Set a budget for your VBS program
- Recruit key leaders – Music, Snacks, Games, Bible story teacher.
- Plan publicity for your VBS – community outreach could include signage, door to door flyers, radio spots.
- Put together a list of supplies you'll need.
- Order all of your publicity, decorating, leaders manuals and teaching supplies.
Setting Goals: Staff should give thought to establishing the goals of the VBS program:
- What objectives should be met for the program to be considered successful?
- Who do you expect to participate — children at what ages; youth; family units?
- Is God calling you to reach out in new ways to a new segment of the community?
- Are you planning a week to enrich the church children's understanding of the Bible? Or is it to reach out to new people in and fun and inspiring way?
- Is the program to be an outreach to the community?
A couple of months (2-3) before your VBS you will want to start distributing registration forms, create daily schedules for VBS Week, start your publicity to the congregation and community, fill all the teaching staff positions and start training your team! Make sure you have the contact information – phone numbers, email addresses and names – of the people that will be teaching and anyone who volunteers to create things.
- Plan and schedule a VBS staff training meeting to be held 4-6 weeks prior to VBS.
- Begin recruiting additional leaders and support staff.
- Explore your church facilities to determine what areas you will need.
- Estimate your VBS enrollment. Use figures from Sunday school or last year’s VBS.
- Order student supplies if you have not already done so.
As you Recruit, look for leaders and teachers with the following qualifications:
- Dedicated Christians who seek to live for Christ daily, who study God's word, and who know the plan of salvation – suitable role models for children
- People tuned in to kids, able to build upon their natural interests and who will enjoy sharing in the children's joy of discovery
- Warm, outgoing, having a genuine love and sensitivity for children, understanding them in terms of their physical, mental, and emotional development, and their spiritual needs
- One who will appreciate and seek to follow God's command to teach children, demonstrating this by being reliable and disciplined to prepare for each day of VBS
About a month (4-6 weeks) before your VBS continue to maintain your list of registered students and stay alert to any staffing adjustments needed as you finish up the details of the schedule for your VBS Week. Follow-up with any items you have outstanding and touch base with your VBS teachers to make sure they have what they need for that week.
- Begin pre-registration.
- Hold the scheduled VBS staff training meeting.
- Meet with key leaders.
- Check your registration weekly and order any extra supplies you may need. Remember these item sell out fast.
One week before VBS will begin your final setup up before the big event – decorations, registration tables, signs, sorting craft and game supplies to the right rooms. Now you should run a check of student count versus your materials. Remember you will have last minute people show up. Provide teachers with current information about their classes including rosters and prepare any packets you will provide to the parents. Assign a place and time for all VBS staff to meet prior to each session for prayer.
The Day before your VBS begins run a final check of supplies (are the pencils sharpened?) and rooms. Then take a breath and start praying for all the kids, families and volunteers that will be involved with your VBS this week.
First Day of VBS make sure you arrive early — take time for more prayer with your teams and even in the stress remember to celebrate the opportunities to witness. Especially early in the week, watch for rough spots needing adjustment the next day and after the children leave, brief staff meeting to catch loose ends. And don't forget to take lots of pictures! Each day, continue to pray for God to move in the hearts of your children. Things that should be modified for next year, make note of in a place you will remember to pass it on the next year. And remember to have fun!
After you wrap up Evaluation: It's a good idea to collect evaluations and suggestions from the staff for future kids events at the church. Before your VBS ends, Have thank you notes and evaluation forms ready for your helpers. Make sure you display photographs for congregation and get a list to the Kids Church teachers, especially for families that came and are not already affiliated with the church so they can remember them when they show up for regular services. Be sure to let your volunteers know how much they helped to make VBS 2018 the best ever. While they're still excited about the great things that happened during VBS, ask if they would be willing to consider being a part of the team next year. (Just to get an idea, not for a firm commitment.) Then follow up just as soon as you set the next date to have them start praying about volunteering for your next VBS program.
If you need help, we have a great staff ready to serve you both online and in the store. You can find other supplies, like prices for games or attendance and Bibles for new believers in our stores as well.
We know you will have a great 2018 Vacation Bible School experience!